Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fun in the Summer








Wow here it is the last day of June and we have had a very busy month. From the start of June LaNaya and I went to Pennsylvania to visit some special friends. While there I got to meet a farmgirl friend Staci Wickard and it was so amazing the small world. I wanted to share first what is this FarnGirl Business well it started by picking up the best magazine ever called MaryJane Farm Girl and then I went and joined there blog and we do fun things like swap simple things like buttons, holiday cards, to hankies , "ROAK" (random acts of kindness") we also swap recipes as well. I have two pen pals that I write to every month and love to learn lots about them as well . Anyway as the story goes on my BF Nessa lives in Pa and she sent me an email of a forward and it Staci noticed my email remembering it during a recipe swap. Anyway to make a long story short she (Staci as Nessa about it and the large world became a small one Staci attends the church that Nessa does and I had the privilege to meet her while I was there and it was such a blessing. The true thought that came to me was the Lord has people that come into our lives like that for a reason and I am so blessed with that.



Then I was so blessed to come home and share a day with my daughter before she went to camp for a few day and got ready for the shower for our daughter who is going to have a baby soon. As the day become closer and closer and hotter and hotter she will be ready!!!


While we were gone on vacation I got some special recipes that I would love to share one of them you are going to think WHAT it is so yummy try it and let me know what you think???


This is really yummy!!!
Peanut butter spread

1/2 C of butter
1C of peanut butter
1/2 C marshmallow creme
1 C pancake syrup
mix peanut butter and butter together and add the marshmallow creme and then add syrup a little at a time . ENJOY this is yummy!!! Good on apples too!!!




Then the next one is this and I love this cake recipe too it is very good!!!








Bee Sting Cake



Mix together



2 eggs

1 C sugar

1 tsp vanilla

1 C flour

1 tsp baking powder



Beat slightly add 1/2 C of milk with 2 Tbs butter and bring to a slight boil slowly pour over egg mixture and mix. Pour into cake pan and bake for 25-30 min.


when cake is done mix

10TBS brown sugar

1/4 C butter melted

1/4C cream

1 C shredded coconut

1 tsp vanilla



spread on warm cake and BROIL until bubbly not long!!!


This cake is very good too!!!




The other things I wanted share was this and is something that was mentioned to me at church on Sunday and it has really struck my heart as we are doers of the WORD than what is it so hard at time to have a cheerful heart and mind of this. WOW I sat with some kids and all they were doing was whining its to hot I want to go in and I don't like this and I have that and this person is picking on me so I sat down with them and I was talking about the LOVE of CHRIST and one thing lead to another and I said ok if you only had one thing to take home with you tonight what would it be and this little boy said I would take nothing because I have all I need the air I breath and that is all I need Mrs Betty Jo he said---My heart just sunk that was it lets all doers of the WORD and be thankful and grateful and love one another like we need to be.



So one that note I would like to encourage you all to be doers of the WORD and LOVE as something comes up that is not going like it should take a breathe and say it is all because of HIM!!!






I do have another thought the other day as I took my kids on a nature walk and we got to see lots of neat things likes this hornets net if you want to call it neat!!! Then a doe with twin fawns that was so awesome they were really cute as well and then they seen wild roses and some daises it was nice and hot and loved the walk.

Sending many blessings to all who reads this over the holiday weekend and Angels be about you in all you do!!! Happy Birthday America!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment