Tuesday, July 27, 2010

End of the HOT DAY!!!

The day ended in mixed feelings ~ as you work hard at some talents that your blessed with I think that the judging was really tough this year. This is how the standings went for me this year Photography I did not place I look at that in away I LOVE the picures and I will hang them myself . Then on quilting I was pleased especially to compare to the ones that got first I received a red which is second and third on the other one. That totally ok!!! The skirt got a second which is good, the tatted bookmark got a second which was ok ~ was confused there was no other tatting and it got a second???? So that two items I loved it was a basket made out of chicken wire I love it and it got a second and then the other was a flower arrangement that was done on a glass cream jug with daises I loved it and it received a second as well. So out of all no firsts and all seconds a one third and a couple that did not place at all that is ok!!! I am glad that I am done and I can relax and take a break from all of that!!!

There are lots of memories from first of all of the HEAT to watermelon contest to turtle races. Some the exhibits were awesome and some new ideas wow simple and “who would of thought of that idea” LOL I loved this one and get a giggle out of I was watching this 17 year old young man show this and he say my mom told me I had to do this I thought it was the coolest idea he took paper napkins two different printed ones and would sew then together to make that you have a total of four of them and then sew two together making a checkered like until they were sewed together and it was ironed for a runner I thought wow this would be cute for place mates so I am going to try that and use for fun parties !

Yummy canned goods and lots of fun produce as well!! Until Next time many blessings to you my friends and family!!!



Betty Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment