Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wednesday July 6,2011






Wow here it is Wednesday already. I have been praying allot for our children with Rissa and Bridger getting there new home finally put together so that they Can move into it. As I am getting this post done they are moving and I was asked to watch Rivy while they moved . It is such blessing to be able to help your children and watch them grown as I was getting thought on what I wanted to posted today the two things that came to mind is our children and grandchildren and there spouses. I am so blessed to be able to have all of my children home now about three years ago our son was in the military and my heart was so wanting him here for a meal or just to hold him. Then to see him graduate from basic in Georgia and the honoring people that came up to him in the air port while we flew home was such an honor and then his time he served while in Alaska and we believed that he would not fight the war and the Lord answered every prayer he was moved from three different units in less than a year and every time the unit he left headed over to Iraq. SO I am sooo blessed the Lord really show me the power of prayer. Lars is home and has been for about three years now and we have this beautiful daughter in law and grand daughter whom we love.







Then the other thing that comes to mind when I asked for prayer for Rissa and Bridger and their new home to come together it has once again the Lord is so awesome. Thanks for all of the prayers ladies too.










As I have been heavy on the heart about two foster children that we had a few years back they are not following the Lord much any more and yesterday the two girls came by with there dad who is from Mississippi came looking for there other sister and I guess that she has gotten into some trouble and is hiding out now and so if you are reading this I would love some prayer for this family to find Jesus once again.






As this is the sixth week in Building our Homes with Jesus... over on Prairie Flower Farm blog my dear friend Linda has been so blessed with all of the purses that she got to take to women in Joplin, Praise the Lord some LIGHT on a dark time .






With the holiday last weekend we had some great time with family friends and loved ones and lots of good food too. Wow cook outs to chilling at the Cabin. I went to this special cabin I forgot my camera --go figure I never do that -LOL I am going to go sneak up and get some so I can share. Got to meet the in laws family wow was it amazing to meet them I love it. This cabin was built in 1930's and is amazing so I will tell and show more later. memories that last a life time.





I want to talk a little about this verse today as I close. Children are such a blessing to me as a pre school teacher, a foster parent. mom and grand ma too and what ever else I think the strongest thing that comes from this is when I can sow into a child's life it is a hug , wisdom or just time that is what a child calls LOVE I rejoice. As a young single mom for many years all I thought about was how things were getting paid and what my children must think is all I am worried about --BUT HE is my provider and children are blessings.






I have been reading a book by Mary Beth Chapman called Choosing to SEE: A Journey of struggles and Hope


It is is a story that they wrote after the loss of there adopted daughter from China a few years ago. It is amazing and for me to see the struggles and the hope that they went threw is amazing. As my dear friend Linda's child is adopting a boy named Vitaliy from the Ukraine. Make sure you go and see how you can help.







Blessing to all of you that read this!

Betty Jo





5 comments:

  1. God surely does bring blessing through our children. Sometimes there is heartache when they don't follow Him closely enough, but that just gives us a picture of how God must feel when His children don't stay close to Him.

    This summer two of my granddaughters are spending a lot of time with me... what a blessing that is and what a wonderful opportunity to encourage them in the Lord and in their faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Betty Jo,

    Love your post today and love that scripture. It is so true! I am happy to know the kids are getting to move it!!! What an answer to prayer.

    I will be praying for the young lady you mentioned.

    Glad you had a wonderful weekend with family. We are blessed indeed.

    Come by Friday and pray with us.

    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the precious post Betty Jo..........wow you have so much to be thankful for and you ARE!!!!!!!!!

    Can't wait to see the cabin. I am originally from Alaska and my grandparents lived in a real log cabin. I can even remember the smells walking in the back porch into their home. Special memories.

    You have a beautiful family!
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Betty Jo, what a great post..your love for the Lord is so inspiring..smile.. So glad you had a good fourth with friends and family...those are the best memory makers aren't they? My prayers are with that family you mentioned..it can be easy to stray off that straight and narrow road...sounds like they just need a littl nudging by our Lord...smile...

    Love your son's new home...it is beautiful and pray it will be blessed with happiness.

    Blessings and have a nice weekend!

    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you have a wonderful family! Glad your son is able to move into his new home - many they be truly blessed there.

    ReplyDelete