Thursday, June 9, 2011

Blessings today...





As I woke up with the thunderstorms passing threw this morning and not feeling so hot.. SO I stayed home and rested well today and chilled with my daughter and we did some well need cupboard cleaning , laundry, and just the cleaning thing.



As I was cleaning I decided to make some Chocolate Whoopie Pies. If you have never had one you don't know what your missing. Then I went to some errand late in the afternoon and it was fun ...Look what we found some cute succulent plants at Lowe's cheap and so I was looking for a dish or something fun to plant them in and well I found a clearance succulent garden dish for $3.00 and so I said even tho there is only one plant that is alive I thought I would take it for the container and plant a couple in there and then there are still enough to plant in another container and give to my FarmGirl friend on Sunday while we meet for some yummy pie.



Here is a yummy recipe of Whoopie Pies if you have not had them try them!!!





Chocolate Whoopie Pies

2 C sugar

1 C shortening

3/4 C cocoa

2 eggs

2 tsp baking soda

1 tsp vanilla

1 C sour milk

1 C hot water

4 C flour



In large bowl mix sugar,shortening,and cocoa. Add eggs and remaining ingredients. Add flour last. Bake 350 for 10-12 minutes.



Filling



beat 2 eggs whites until stiff

add: 2 Tbs vanilla

4 tsp flour

4 tsp milk

3/4 c shortening

Add 2 1/2 C powdered sugar last.








If you have not done these before the top recipe you drop on a cookie sheet with a small cookie scoop is what I use so like a table spoon and let them cook it will look like a cake mix cookie and then after they are complete cooled fill them with this filling !! Here is a picture of them!















No comments:

Post a Comment